So the month’s just about done, and I figured I’d, as I have been the last few months, post a writing wrap-up. Just because.
This one’s easy: I ain’t wrote a damn thing this month.
Not a word of new fiction.
And I don’t feel bad about that at all. After all, I returned from almost 7 months away from home, got used to the family again, started back at my normal job, and generally was busy with real-life stuff. So no guilt about not writing here: I had other important things to do that took priority.
I did finish some books, though.
- A Canticle For Leibowitz – Walter M Miller
- The Goblin Emperor – Katherine Addison
- Gone Girl – Gillian Flynn
- The Legacy of Heorot – Larry Niven, Jerry Pournelle, Steve Barnes (I actually finished this last month, but forgot to mention it)
- Ashes To Ashes, Dust To Dust, Earth To Alluvium – Gray Rinehart
- The Day The World Turned Upside Down – Thomas Olde Heuvelt
- The Parliament Of Beasts And Birds – John C Wright
- On The Spiritual Plain – Lou Antonelli
So not as much reading; most of those were novelettes and short stories. But again, I’m no longer on deployment so I have more things to take up my attention. I’m in the middle of a bunch of stories, of course.
Audiobooks In Progress:
- Dead Reckoning – Charlaine Harris
Written In Progress:
- In Hero Years, I’m Dead – Michael A Stackpole (I put this one on hold after WotF came out)
- Writers of the Future, Vol 31 – Various
- The Hugo Voters Packet – Various
- Smith’s Monthly #10 – Dean Wesley Smith
- Violence of Action – Marty Skovlund, Jr
- Colonel Roosevelt – Edmund Morris
I’ve got a LOT of stories that I’m stuck in the middle of. Well, not stuck so much as on hold while I get Hugo reading done. Better get on that, right?
All told, it’s been a good month. Now that I’m back in the swing of life, I fully intend to get back into the swing of writing during this coming month. Gotta get a story off to Writers of the Future by 30 June, after all. 😉
Oh yeah, I’m also just about ready to release Robbed Blind, the fourth book in my Glimmer Vale Chronicles series. Just waiting on the cover art at this point, so probably it’ll be next month sometime. Stay tuned for more.
That’s it for now. Later, all.