Going POD

I’ve been meaning to put out a print version of Masters of the Sun for a while now, but for whatever reason I hadn’t put in the elbow grease to make it happen.  I started working on the interior layout a month or so ago, but then got distracted.  And I’d never started the cover.

Until this week.  Hell, until today.  Dean put out a great post yesterday about the reasons to put out a print version of your book.  It was not anything I hadn’t heard or thought of before, but it lit a fire under my butt to finish up.  So I got the rest of the interior layout finished.  Then, the cover.  That was the daunting part.

At first t debated whether or not to hire Jeroen to just make a paperback version of the cover.  I knew he would and could do it.  But I also knew he would charge about $100 to $150 for it.  I can afford to pay that, but I decided to try to do it myself first.  So I downloaded a 6×9 cover template from Createspace and went to it.  Here’s what I came up with.  I think it’s pretty good.

I uploaded all the files to Createspace tonight.  I should hear back from them in a day or two.  Assuming they approve everything, I’ll order a proof and check it over thoroughly.  But I expect the print version will be available within a couple weeks.  Very cool.  🙂