Editorial Demand

I got the editor’s feedback on Masters yesterday morning.  Good stuff! 

I spent a good chunk of the day, and an hour and a half late at night, moving her corrections and tweaks from the .rtf file she sent me into Scrivener.  That was a bit annoying because I had to do it by hand.  No just clicking “Accept Changes” like you can do in Word.  So that’s one downside to using Scrivener exclusively, I guess.  Oh well, no worries.

Looking at her comments, most of the corrections are for comma usage.  Which is rather funny, considering I always thought I was good with a comma.  Oh well, just goes to show you don’t always know your own strengths as well as you think you do.

I also got some more feedback from a beta reader, who was very delayed in reading the manuscript.  He had a lot of good points about some technical issues, and pointed out one plot point that could use expansion.  Another reader had an issue with that particular plot point as well, and I totally get what they’re both saying.  So with two data points, I’ve determined that I need to add a chapter into the middle to elucidate a bit.  Also, I want to add a little bit to the ending.  I think I sort of let the story peeter out instead of giving it a proper ending.  All told, I’m probably looking at an additional 3,000 to 4,000 words.  Of course, I could really stretch and find 7,000 words to push it over the boundary to my next pricing tier.  But only if the story needs it, of course.

So I’m getting close.  It’ll probably be ready to go by the end of the week.  Finally.

Stay tuned.

0 thoughts on “Editorial Demand

Leave a Reply